I Believe - Sis

“I believe that we will win, I believe that we will win” It had to be high school freshman basketball where me and 8 other 15 year old girls would shout that in the locker rooms before games. Next, there is the saying, seeing is believing, when you go to a magic show. Then there is that song my mom use to sing to us, picture us dancing with a high toned voice, I believe in thing called love, just listen to the rhythm of the heart”. Let just say there are a lot of things I believe in.

I believe in life. I think life is meant to be lived. We are meant to be happy and we all have the ability to live a fulfilled life. Money can take away and add joy. It is a toll that one can use to reach that happiness but it is not the golden ticket. I have had to work really hard to make money not a monster or a king but a tool. In the end, no matter what current financial state you are in, it is your responsibility to regulate your joy and live a happy life. You have to believe that you will win!

I believe in the power of positive thought. I like to look at the glass half full not half empty. I like to look at my bank account as above 0 not $99 away from $100. Yes, we all have to face reality but there is no reason you can’t have a good attitude about it. It is a lot easier to celebrate wins then fret about what you don’t have. If you don’t enjoy the journey then what makes you think the destination will be much better? The magic trick of saving and financial tools to create more money out of nothing can be just as exciting as making money disappear.

I believe in family above all else, including money. Reminds me of my 2 year olds favorite movie right now, COCO. The main character learns about the importance of family during the holiday Dia de Los Muerto. The main character of Coco wants to be a musician but his family has banned music. I mean I don’t want to ruin the end of this wonderful Disney movie but let's just say the boy learns how important his family is to him. Ok, now to make the connection. My family is more important than the pursuit of FIRE, but just like in COCO, (spoiler alert),my family does not make me choose. I want to reach my financial goals with my family beside me and if that is going to take more time, then so be it. Now I break into song, I believe in LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE ohhhhhhhhh (google the song if your confused at this point)

What do you BELIEVE?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FU vs FEveryone Money - Bro

Surviving VS Thriving - Sis

Why I FI - Bro